Acceptable Use Policy
Effective starting: June 2016
We want the PBS Pro community to be able to use the PBS Pro development tools, including mailing lists, websites, instant messaging, etc., without interruptions or snags. We need your help to make it work smoothly. To that end, we have provided this page describing how we'd like you to use the tools. We reserve the right to remove anything which does not adhere to our policy. We describe general guidelines that should show the spirit in which we want to operate, and it's the spirit that we care about. So if something technically follows the guidelines, but violates the spirit, we may remove it. Use your judgment and keep things in perspective.
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services.
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to sends more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentationConsuming an unreasonable amount of storage for music, videos, pornography, etc., in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the services were designed
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Altair or any third party)
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people's private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others
- Using the services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws)
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”)
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Altair’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Altair
- Disparaging Altair or our partners, vendors, or affiliates
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Altair’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right
- You don’t have the right to submit
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, hateful
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials
- Is intended to be inflammatory
- Could otherwise cause damage to Altair or any third party
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” means: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to Altair or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Altair may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Altair (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.